There must justice for all or there is justice for no one.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

AUTUMN PRAYER

The days are getting shorter; the nights longer and cooler. Morning mists and clouds soften the trees and streets. The season of reflection and preparation for the turning of the year is upon us. Some find places to reflect in the desert or mountains; others withdraw into the silence of their hearts. May they find refreshment and peace.

There are times when the spirit deserts me and my heart is empty. May the Holy Ones help rekindle the fire. May they remind me that those around me can help me keep the fires of hope burning.

I ask blessing on all who are seeking for justice, for all who suffer the laws delay: may the Holy Ones bring the gift of merciful justice to those who are innocent yet stand accused.


Inspired by Caitlin Matthews

No comments:

Post a Comment