There must justice for all or there is justice for no one.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

STILL SPIRALING

Lost track of this blog for awhile.

So here I am with a laundry list of spiritual explorations. To be worked through in no particular order.

When I started this blog I really thought I was ready to spiral off the reservation. Trouble is that as I searched for a place to spiral into I realized that I knew very little about the faith I was raised in. I still don’t, although I now understand why religion, especially Christianity is not taught in a non religious context in school. With all those lovely heresies from the last two thousand years floating around the student’s parents would have a real field day. As in “you aren’t teaching that to MY kid.”

And as I explored possible places to land I realized that many of the non traditional groups have almost as much trouble with possible “heretics” as the rest of us. Decisions, decisions. So, I guess this is as good a place as any to work out all that wonderful confusion.

One thing I am sure of, between the reading list I’ve been working through and the family tree explorations, is that the Christianity we have now is as much a result of politics, good PR, and good generalship as actual spirituality. Which is a bummer actually, and I’m still spiraling.

2 comments:

  1. Take out the "Christianity" and you can fill in the blank with any modern religion. It is SO not about spirituality, any more than our schools are about education anymore... But that's another rant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I have to come back here when I have some time and read this with attention. It was the words "Rumer Goden" that caught me. An author I have adored for years. I mourned her loss - her books got me thru some hard years of my younger life.

    ReplyDelete